BONDERITE: effective industrial & maintenance cleaning can optimise health & safety conditions.
BONDERITE M-NT - Nanoceramic Coatings
Trusted for reliability, sustainability and proven successful results, BONDERITE processes deliver quality and process efficiency through a broad portfolio and technical expertise.
The BONDERITE M-NT nanoceramic coating range offers new pretreatment solutions as a substitute for zinc and iron phosphating. The thin-film conversion coating (nanoceramic layer) provides superior paint adhesion and corrosion protection, while reducing environmental impact. It is suitable for multi-metal conversion (steel, zinc, aluminium) and can be applied using dip and spray methods.
Nanoceramic Coating Process
Nanoceramic coatings represent the ultimate in metal coating processing using the benefits of nano technology to create beautiful, hard-wearing, long-lasting and flexible finishes. Before nanoceramic coating it is essential that the metal surface is carefully prepared to remove all contaminants and allow the coating to create a permanent bond with the metal.
Henkel supplies a range of BONDERITE nanoceramic coatings and products designed for the preparation of surfaces prior to treatment. These products represent an environmentally-friendly alternative to iron phosphate used on steel, zinc and aluminium surfaces; and a phosphate-free substitute for zinc phosphating.
The range also includes: a phosphate-free, liquid pretreatment based on trivalent chromium and zirconium for the treatment of steel, galvanised steel and aluminium surfaces; and an innovative liquid cleaner / coater designed for ferrous material, aluminium, zinc and alloys, which creates a strongly adhering, zirconium-based conversion layer for various types of paint.
The process is very fast and takes place at room temperature.
Benefits of BONDERITE Nanoceramic Coatings
Nanoceramic coatings represent the latest evolution in coating technology with the ability to create beautiful, hard-wearing, long-lasting, flexible finishes. In addition to their attractive appearance, nanoceramic coatings have significant benefits in terms of process, cost-effectiveness, and the effect on the environment.
The benefits of BONDERITE nanoceramic coatings:
- Phosphate-free pretreatment instead of iron or zinc phosphate
- Paint adhesion and corrosion protection
- Multi-metal conversion (steel, zinc, aluminium)
- COD/BOD-free – no organics
- Less handling of hazardous substances
- Reduced CO2 emissions
- Reduced waste
- 70% less sludge than with iron phosphate
- No tank cleaning
- No cleaning or replacement of spray nozzles
- No heat exchanger blocking
- Lower energy consumption
- No toxic or regulated heavy metals
- Reduced water consumption
- Less chemicals for waste water treatment
- Less sludge after waste water treatment
- Fewer process steps (dip or spray)
- Faster coating process (short contact times)
- Increased throughput
- Reduced maintenance
- Fewer control parameters
- Lower costs for waste management
- Reduced investment costs (greenfield)
- Consistent quality
- Minimised sludge
- Suitable for all substrates
- Conversion at room temperature
- Optimised process reliability
- Fully automated process control
- Easy to use analytics
- Applicable in existing lines (brownfield)
Superior Functional Coating Technologies
New Generation Coating BONDERITE M-NT
Interested in our products and services? Get in touch with our Experts!